Recommitting Yourself

When we begin to lose inspiration, the things we once gained excitement from begin to feel like meaningless chores. The passion slowly dies and we soon forget about whatever that thing was.

I created two blog posts in 2014 and they were the only content prior to this post on this blog which means this is my very first post since 2014. I am a communications major so when I started this blog I was so excited to a have a space where I could write freely. After only two posts I basically abandoned the entire blog. I gave up too easily and quickly. I lost my excitement due to school and other personal issues. I allowed the things I was dealing with to overpower my happy spirit.

So here I am almost two and a half years later recommitting myself to something I had such high hopes for. This may not seem like a big deal to most people but writing is something I've always been good at. I just had to stop doubting myself. 

I know you're thinking what does this have to do with me, but there are so many situations in life where we give up and find it hard to recommit. So to all my fellow writers go and start that blog or finish writing that book. To all you travelers, go and plan that trip that you talked yourself out of. To all you parents, go and chase after those dreams you suppressed after becoming mommy and daddy. The list goes on and on but I think you get the point.

It is never to late to give life to all the things you ever wanted to do. Recommit today and have no regrets tomorrow.

.... And don't forget to smile while doing it!

Comments

Popular Posts